- Simmer the millet and the 1 1/2 cups water in a small pot over medium-low heat until all of the water is absorbed and the bottom of the pot is dry. You want the millet fully cooked and slightly mushy. Takes 15-20 min.
- Add the millet to a mixing bowl and mix in all of the other wet ingredients. Make sure to sprinkle the gelatin and mix it all thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix and sift all the dry ingredients instead of the sugar. After sifting, mix in the sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Let the batter sit for 30 min to 1 hour (or longer if you wish). This allows the gelatin and the millet to absorb as much moisture as possible and makes the cake hold together better once you cook it.
- Line one 8 inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Make sure to cover the whole bottom of the pan, and grease the sides if you can- this is a very sticky batter. You may also want to grease the top of the parchment that touches the batter.
- Pour the batter in, and bake at 350 for 30 min or until the top is solid.
- Let the cake rest in the pan for 3-4 minutes before removing. When you flip it gently on to a cooling rack, peel off the parchment very gently as the cake may stick to it a bit. Done! :)